“Chalk It Up!” and “Treat Yourself Well” with Breast Cancer Awareness Month activities at Saint Anne's Hospital
Fall River, Mass. – Women and their families are invited to join Saint Anne’s Hospital in celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October at two special programs designed to educate, celebrate, and honor women.
Since Saint Anne’s launched its cancer care program in 1976, breast cancer has been the most commonly diagnosed cancer among women (besides skin cancer)* – not only nationwide but also at Saint Anne’s Hospital.
The good news is, striking advances have been made in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. At Saint Anne’s Hospital, genetic testing helps to identify those at risk. Medical and surgical techniques are much more refined. Better technology and deeper understanding of how cancer works contribute to better outcomes. Best of all, patients can live longer and better lives.
Join the teams of Saint Anne’s Hospital Regional Cancer Center and its Robert F. Stoico/FIRSTFED Center for Breast Care at these special events:
October 5: “Chalk It Up!” Join Saint Anne’s breast care teams for a day of tributes, hope, learning, and fun:
- Contribute your messages of hope and inspiration on a giant pink chalk roadway ribbon on Forest Street (at the corner of Osborn Street), adjacent to the Hudner Oncology Center at Saint Anne's Hospital, Fall River.
- Celebrate survivorship in interactive activities with the staff and fellow breast cancer survivors.
- Meet Saint Anne’s breast specialist team of “women caring for women,” including breast surgeon Monica DaSilva, MD, FACS; medical oncologist Nancy McKinney, MD; radiation oncologists Jacqueline Tan, MD, and Michele Albert, MD, FRCPC; and Heather Feldman, PA-C, physician assistant.
- Make a personal early detection plan.
- Schedule an appointment for your annual screening mammogram at our special Treat Yourself Well event on October 19 (see below).
- Learn about healthy cancer survivor activities.
- Chat with a representative of the American Cancer Society about breast health and cancer survivor topics.
- Enjoy refreshments, including pink cookies and pink lemonade, plus giveaways.
Things to know about this event:
- Time: 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Location: Saint Anne’s Hospital, Forest Street, at the intersection with Osborn Street (adjacent to the Hudner Oncology Center).
- Free valet parking is available for this event at the entrance of the Hudner Oncology Center, at the corner of Osborn and Forest streets.
- No RSVP is required ... just stop by and enjoy!
- Rain date: Thursday, October 6.
For more information about this event, call Tricia Phillips, oncology outreach coordinator, 508-674-5600, ext. 2515.
October 19: “Treat Yourself Well,” a breast screening event. If you are due for your screening mammogram, or have never had a screening mammogram, enjoy some pampering and a step toward your good health with a mammogram at the Robert F. Stoico/FIRSTFED Center for Breast Care at Saint Anne’s Hospital. During this special event, the center’s staff will provide state-of-the-art digital mammography and pamper you with light meals and refreshments, relaxing hand massage, and free education about the value of breast self-exam.
Things to know about this event:
- Time: Appointments are available from 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Location: Stoico/FIRSTFED Center for Breast Care at Saint Anne’s Hospital, 795 Middle Street, Fall River.
- A physician's referral for a screening mammogram is not required.
- Appointments are required for this special event by calling 508-235-5353.
- Saint Anne's Hospital795 Middle StreetPhone: 508-674-5600
Fall River, MA 02721