Marion Town House evacuated due to smell of gas

By Tanner Harding | Apr 27, 2018

Marion — Employees were temporarily evacuated from the Marion Town House on Friday morning due to the smell of gas.

The source, Town Administrator Paul Dawson said, was the boiler in the basement.

"It wasn't really a leak, just some kind of adjustment was needed," he said.

Facilities Director Shaun Cormier was able to deal with it, Dawson said, and employees are back in the building.

The boiler was replaced over the winter, when the previous boiler died during the cold snap in January. Voters approved more than $158,000 in at a special Town Meeting in February to pay for the temporary heat and the new boiler.

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.